“120 Seconds” (2 minute book talk)
1. Choose the book you’ve read within the
past quarter (or over summer for 1st
2. (First minute) Your introduction should begin
with the title, author, and genre of the book
3. (First minute) Briefly tell us about the book.
What’s it about? Why is it good? Try to sell us
on the book.
4. (First minute) Set the scene. Give the
context of the passage.
5. (Second minute) Read a brief passage from
the book. At least half of your two minutes
should consist of oral reading. Choose the
selection carefully – grab our attention!
6. Practice! Time yourself to make sure of the
length (120 seconds).
7. It would help to write your intro on a note card to use during your presentation