How to Use Student Weebly
Questions for Independent Novel Study
Please choose 5 of the following questions and answer with a thoughtful, well written paragraph. This is to be done while you are reading your Novel.
- Is the Main Character of the novel worthy of your friendship? (use specific details from the text to support your explanation)
- Select a character and describe how his/her personality is revealed through their words and actions.
- select a central character and describe how his/her personality is revealed by what other characters do or say toward and about them.
- Write a quote from your novel that connects to your life. What does it mean in the context of the text? How does it connect to your life? why is it significant?
- Describe the event that you believe has had the greatest effect on the development of the plot. Explain.
- Based on what you have read so far, make predictions about what will happen next. Identify the details from the test that support your predictions.
- Cite a passage in which the author has used powerful descriptive or figurative language. Explain the meaning of the passage and describe its effect on you as a reader.
- What is something the author does very effectively in telling his story? How does the he/she use this strategy? Why do you find it effective?
- What do you believe the author want you to learn about life from reading this text? Use specific details to support your response.
- is this text living up to your expectations? Explain using specific details.